"Making fun of born-again christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope."
- P.J. O'Rourke
Yeah, well. Nothing wrong with a cheap thrill. This page contains links to unintentionally funny and/or scary pages written by Christians, for Christians.
12/21/00 I haven't updated this page for quite a while, but I've noticed
it's now the most popular page on this site, so I figure it's time to starting cleaning things up.
The first update is a fix for the broken link to The Gospel Blimp, a classic evangelical
movie. If you find other broken
links—or find any other pages that really must be featured here—please let me know.
The gullibility of Christians gives rise to any number of bizarre
religious beliefs. These are just a few particularly odd ones.
- Grace Brethren Church - Ok, this one isn't that odd. The Grace Brethren Churches are about as white-bread evangelical as it's possible to be. Even so, this is the church I grew up in, and it's where I first encountered many of the whacky doctrines and personalities listed here.
- The King James Bible Page - Why the AV 1611 is the only "perfect" Bible.
- The Journal of Biblical Accuracy
- WallBuilders - The name does not refer to the wall of separation between church and state, but reflects David Barton's desire to "reconstruct" the U.S. as an officially Christian nation.
- Logos Communication Consortium
- Way of Life Literature - Contains an entire list of things fundamentalist Baptists hate.
- www.jesus-is-lord.com - Repent, ye!
- Biblical Discernment Ministries - Exposes on fundamentalists who aren't fundamentalist enough!
- The E.D.G.E. Online
- Aggressive Christianity
- Desecration Digest - Home of the "Creator's Rights Party", a violently "pro-life", Christian Reconstructionist organization.
- Discovery Series Booklets
- Scary just because they're so serious about it all.
- Sound Doctrine - A good introduction to fudamentalist doctrines.
Legends, and Heroes: What You Know May Not Be So and How To Tell The
Difference by Bob Passantino - Proof that Christians know what critical thinking is and how to use it. They just don't apply it to
their own faith.
- Watchman Fellowship, Inc. - When you're a Christian, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a cultist, and that includes other Christians. This site has a great index of people who don't agree with the authors.
Possession Handbook - Did you know that demons time-share? Yup, we're all just low-rent condos for satan!
- The Earth Is Not Moving - It's the center of the universe. The Bible tells me so.
- Truth for the World
- Christian Guide to Small Arms - "...an electronic book which makes biblical, constitutional, and historical argument that
it is not only the right, but in fact, the duty of Christians to be armed.
Practical advice is given for those who choose to take
Christ's command seriously." Amusing and practical both. Well worth
Christians have a love/hate relationship with the media. Half of these
sites are devoted to keeping Christians away from such worldly filth,
and the other half are laughably poor attempts to use the media for
their own nefarious purposes.
- Mustard Seed International - Producers of the classic rapture flick A Thief In the Night and its three sequels. They also produce some less well-known, but equally funny, action movies.
- Apologetix - The guys actually sent me free copies of their "Biblical parodies of rock songs from the 50's-90's." I can only conclude that "biblical" is now a synonym for "utterly lacking in humor and talent". But that just makes it all the more gut-wrenchingly funny. This is an essential addition any serious recreational Christian's collection.
- MovieGuide - Says Reverend Sean O'Hara, "You know it's a quality review when they differentiate between profanity and obscenity.."
- Childcare Action Project - "Not a daycare organization!" Just more bizarre movie reviews.
- The Gospel Blimp - An example of what a good Christian movie should be. A 1967 evangelistic classic in RealVideo!
Capitalism in the name of the world's most famous socialist!
Televangelists & other loonies
- Trinity Broadcasting Network - Says Murphy of their evangelistic efforts, "This is like putting pictures of herpes sores outside the whorehouse door."
See for yourself. They're broadcasting on the web via RealVideo!
- The Jack Hyles Home
Page - The intellectual (and I use the term loosely) heir
to John R. Rice. Hours of fun for the whole family!
- Bill Gothard - Founder
the "Institute in Basic Life Principles", formerly the
"Institute on Basic Youth Conflicts", an organization
viewed as cultic even by some fundamentalist Christians!
Has also founded
CharacterLink, "The first International Internet Service Provider designed to provide
special Internet access to those who desire protection from morally
devastating content that is so easily accessible on the Internet."
- Bob Larson Ministries - See
The Bob Larson Fan Club for the real inside scoop on Beggin' Bob's $1,300,000 mansion in Vail, his affairs, divorce, and schemes for bilking the faithful.
- Jack T. Chick
- He's the Larry Flynt of Christian comic books.
Crass, offensive, and too hilarious to miss. Like Bob Larson, he has his
own Unofficial Fan Club, which
is even better than the official page.
- Brother Jed - America's #1 Campus Evangelist. Jed also has a great Unofficial Fan Page.
- Jack Van Impe - Christian conspiracy
- Carman - A fourty-something Italian televangelist from Jersey who thinks he can rap.
- Kim Clement - Fancies himself a prophet for Generation X.
- Texe Marrs - Black helicopters and the great whore of Babylon. Hallelujah!
- James White, Alpha and Omega Ministries - Gets some credit just because Texe Marrs thinks he's too liberal. Blows it all by leveling the same accusations against Charles Colson and Pat Robertson!
- Jeffrey C. Fenholt - A wannabe rock and roller who's using his undeserved reputation as wild man to impress the yokels.
- The Book of Divinity - The personal revelation of William Todd West, who has "not come for your entertainment", but manages to be pretty damn funny anyway.
It's been nearly 2000 years since Jesus said that
"This generation shall not pass", and Christians are getting understandably
anxious for his return. These sites are all dedicated to the belief that
he's coming back "Real Soon Now." If you get tired of
waiting there's always the Jehovah's Witnesses or the Preterists, who believe that he's already returned...
- The Rapture Index - No man knows the day or the hour, but that doesn't keep 'em from guessing...
- Great Joy in Great
Tribulation - Then again, some people do claim to know. Not only that, but they can also tell you
who the AntiChrist is!
- Home of the 5 Doves - A rapture site that just keeps on going despite several failed deadlines!
- The Night Watchman - Apparently isn't watching very closely. Full of failed prophecies and attempts to explain why God didn't come on such-and-such a date.
- Hal Lindsey - The grandmaster of Christian prophecy.
- Revelation A new Tribulation flick put out by Jack Van Impe and the Lalonde brothers! Starring Jeff Fahey and Carol Alt.
- Watcher - Satan is a martian!
- The Church of the Harvest - Huge, barfulous graphics, and some interesting speculation about who the antichrist is...
- The House of Yahweh and The Prophetic
Word Online "The site they don't want you to find!"
- Endtime, Inc. - Found a link to this page entitled "What to expect in 1996".
Of course, when I went to check to see if their predictions had been right,
the page was 404'd.
- The Prophecy Alliance - Most prophecy types don't get along too well, since they all disagree on some point or another, which makes them false prophets in each other's eyes. However, there are a few organizations that attempt to bring them together.
- Prophecy Central
- Bible Prophecy & the Rapture
Report! - Also has links to lots of other fundy strangeness, such
as anti-Catholicism, equidistant letter sequences, creation
and Promise Keeper bashing.
- Zola Levitt Ministries, Inc.
- Grant R. Jeffrey Ministries
- Numerology and paranoia.
- Midnight Cry Ministries - Weekly audio rants.
- Armageddon Books - The end times at half price.
- Prophecy In The News - Discover "the pleasure of studying Bible prophecy." Great real
time audio rants.
- Lamb & Lion Ministries
- Shekinah Street Ministries
- This Week In Bible Prophecy
Other Recreational Christianity Resources
Copyright © 1998-2001 Jason & Heather Steiner